Monday 4 April 2011

Small Wonder


14th November 2009


Given how wonderful yesterday was (see previous article Driver of the Day), it would be easy to forget to pay due attention to the birthday presents I received this year.  Of them all, this present is particularly special – a tiny metal model of a Standard 8.  Despite only measuring in at 24mm in length and 9mm in width, this tiny Standard is impressively detailed.  My partner Chris has managed to find it for me somewhere on the Internet.  Normally the model would be painted and sat trackside on a model railway set.  I however, like the model as it is with its shining silver body. It seems too intricate to tamper with – I think the details would be lost were it to be painted.  For a long time after opening this present, I am unable to put the tiny car back down.  I have the smallest version of Henry I will likely ever see in the palm of my hand and I am intrigued.  This little Standard is nothing short of a small wonder.




See this Henry & I feature on the Standard Motor Club website:


See the photographs which accompany this Henry & I article:


Living in Scotland as a Standard car owner?  There is a local group for Standard car owners & enthusiasts in Scotland.  Please see this page for more info:


No comments:

Post a Comment